Saturday, June 24, 2017

Late Imperial Romans - Wargames Foundry



Over the last couple of weeks I have been slowly repainting and rebasing some great Wargames Foundry Late Imperial Romans I had purchased from Barry Lee in the UK. These lads were once his favourite army and had been part of his collection for some years. I was most fortunate to purchase part of his great little collection. But the lads were a little worst for wear and no doubt had seen a few battles. So I grab a fine brush touched the patches up and gave them a new base. And they have come up a treat I think. I have based them as Barry did for Impetvs.


The lads (above) were from Barry's collection just before I rebased and touched them up with a little extra paint.


The old (below) and the new (above)



I mixed the command up with the three units I manage to raise out of two old units.















11 comments:

Gary said...

Nicely done. Your paint work is outstanding.

Willie Anderson said...

Amazing what a touch up and rebase can do to a unit well done Vinnie!

Utgaard said...

Just wonderful looking figures!

Lee Hadley said...

Beautiful work on these. Nicely done sir!

MichaƂ Kucharski said...

Fantastic work!

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone. It is amazing how just redoing the base can make such a change to the figures.

Regards

Nathan

Kym (Warburton) Jackson said...

Very nice work on some classic Perry figures :)

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Wonderful looking Romans!

Christopher

Conrad Kinch said...

Those shields are something aren't they?

Gordon Richards said...

Lovely stuff!

Secundus said...

great Units