Monday, February 6, 2017

Baroque ECW


I am sorry to all my loyal followers that I have not been able to do many posts over the last few weeks..but the new job has taken me away from my family and my hobby however, when I do get a chance to game I hope to put on a good show. The game Myself and John Maguire played yesterday was our first game of Baroque. A great system to play and very very enjoyable. Though we did miss a few minor rules which may or may not have changed the outcome of the game, we did still manage to pick up the system very easily and  are looking forward to playing again soon.


Our game was set up just in order to play test the rules and have a bash, so we just basically through down a few units per sides and rolled the dice. The Armies we picked were as you can see Scot Covenanters and Parliamentarian. The Parliamentarian Army list I thought may have been a little too good for the period they have listed and would suit the later New Model Army? Anyway I hope you like the images and please by all means grab yourself a set of the rules.






























17 comments:

Kym (Warburton) Jackson said...

Impressive looking game :)

Michał Kucharski said...

WoooooW!
Pure awesome!

Phil said...

Wonderful minis and pictures!

Robbie Rodiss said...

A great set of rules, and a beautiful display of units. Well done.

Илья Плетминцев said...

Great job! And a nice battle! :)

Gordon Richards said...

Wow! What wonderful figs and terrain. Simply stunning!

A J said...

Terrific figures and basework! Truly impressive.

Willie Anderson said...

A feast for the eyes Vinnie.

Ray Rousell said...

Great looking game!

Carlo said...

Wonderful set of photographs Nathan and very interested in how you see these rules playing.

Peter said...

Beautiful! Can you tell me about the brand and color of the two olive colored tufts that are prevalent here? Great coloring there.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Brilliant looking game!

Christopher

Simon Miller said...

Looking fabulous! I love the big bases.

Vinnie said...

Thank you everyone for the great comments and sorry I have not gotten back to you earlier...my real job takes me away from home. Peter the grass I buy is called Gamers Grass.

Regards

Nathan

Nikko said...

Hello,

Superb army !!

Nikko

Juan Mancheño said...

Very nice, splendid!!!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Epic sized game with stellar figures. Wonderful.

If it ain't Baroque.....