Saturday, December 3, 2016

Empress Miniatures - Col. Henry Evelyn Wood, Woods Irregular Warrior and a Swazi Warrior



My other great passion when it comes to wargaming periods is the Colonial Period, especially the Anglo-Zulu War, Anglo-Boer War, 2nd Afghan War and the Sudan. There are some fantastic figures out there from numerous manufactures, which can be mixed all in together too make some great and colourful armies. Thus my latest addition is this fantastic set from Empress Miniatures Anglo-Zulu Range....Col. Henry Evelyn Wood, Woods Irregular Warrior and a Swazi Warrior. I have based the figures separately so that Col. Woods can be used in either the Anglo-Zulu, 1st Boer War or the Anglo-Egyptian War.....and maybe the 2nd Afghan War as well. All figures have been painted by our local and very talented painter Leroy Simpson.


Col. Henry Evelyn Wood (above & below)




A Swazi Warrior





Woods Irregular Warrior



13 comments:

Phil said...

Excellent job as always, and this Swazi Warrior is absolutly amazing, multiple and wonderful details!

MichaƂ Kucharski said...

Fantastic work!
greetings

James Brewerton said...

I have the same passion for these periods, I love how you have done all these but the animal print is stunning

Rodger said...

Very impressive work on these guys Vinnie!

Steven Williams said...

I've started reading your blog from the beginning and am currently in 2010. I was originally drawn to it because of the WAB content, but stayed for the sheer spectacle of the battles that you play in - so much fantastic comment. I've noticed that you credit Leroy for painting a lot of the units - the man is a machine. Just out of curiosity, how many figures do you think he's painted?

Steven Williams said...

Sorry- I meant 'content' not 'comment'.

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone and I will make sure Leroy is informed. Steven now that is a hard question to answer and I would hate to guess, but over the years I would have to say he has painted well in too the 1000's.

All the best

Vinnie

Gordon Richards said...

Wow! Absolutely brilliant!

A J said...

Delightfully done!

Cyrus said...

Great figures Vinnie, beautiful painting as always by Leroy!

Vinnie said...

Thanks again for the comments everyone. These will hopefully see some combat before Christmas.

All the best

Vinnie

Carlo said...

Fantastic looking figures Nathan. Empress really are a wonderful range of Colonials aren't they? Like all their figures now that I think about it...

Vinnie said...

Thanks Carlo Empress Miniatures is one of the best 28mm figures on the market for the ranges they cover. I am a big fan.

Regards

Nathan