Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Bit More Baroque - ECW


Over the last four weeks I have rebased over twenty units from the old WAB styled basing system to Baroque and the more regiments I complete the more I like the idea of basing the whole unit on the one base. Though the 180mm wide base for Baroque does seem a little daunting at first, it does however grow on you. The latest figures I have completed rebasing are five regiments of Royalist Pike & Shoot for a friends' ECW collection. The figures were painted by the great David Imrie a few years ago before they ended up over here in Oz...Dave has done a fantastic job on these lads.





16 comments:

Gordon Richards said...

Lovely figs!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Great figures and i LOVE the larger unit-sized bases.

MichaƂ Kucharski said...

Great looking minis!

Phil said...

Wonderful, wonderful as always!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

They do look great! I also like all the figures on one base and something I might just do for my ECW.

Christopher

Simon Miller said...

They look absolutely super! Proper regiments.

Simon Miller said...

Please remind me- 18cm frontage?

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone. The figures were painted by David Imrie. Frontage is indeed 18cm Simon.

All the best

Vinnie

A J said...

Those are nice! The basework sets them off beautifully.

The Kiwi said...

Those units look excellent. Really good work.
cheers

Conrad Kinch said...

Those look fantastic. I'm not sure I'd have the fortitude to commit to such a big base, but they are tremendously impressive.

Chad Sikes said...

Vinnie,
Beautiful basing. I have always wanted to know your basing methods. Do you have a link to a "how to?"

Vinnie said...

Chad...not a bad idea buddy I will see what I can do on my next basing project.

Regards

Vinnie

Carlo said...

Wonderful work Nathan. I am with you in regards to the large bases for figures on so many different levels. Firstly it looks fantastic, secondly it makes moving figures around the field much quicker and lastly, the pack-up is a doddle and completed in a fraction of the time. Your bases look superb.

Vinnie said...

Thanks Carlo for the kind words my good friend.

Regards

Nathan

Dave Wolford said...

Very very nice Nathan, did you use three 60mm bases?