Friday, November 11, 2016

WW1 French Zouaves


All this week I have been squeezing in a little bit of painting in order to complete another Early War French unit for my French WW1 collection. These fine lads are from North Star Miniatures, though when I went back onto their site again today to confirm the codes I could not find them again? However they are nice figures to paint, but they only have three different packs - Command, Advancing and firing all with four different figures in each pack. Hopefully these lads will see a little action in the next couple of weeks.


Command pack - SNCO/Officer/Musician/Standard Bearer


Advancing pack



Firing/Skirmishing pack



9 comments:

Spyros Staikos said...

Nice work mate.

Al said...

Yep, nice work, interesting topic

Rebecca Vinson said...

Thanks Al and Spyros. I prefer the earlier Aug/Sep battles of 1914 rather than the tench period after Nov onwards. Plenty of colour and open warfare.

Regards

Nathan

Gordon Richards said...

Great figures...lovely paint job.

Rebecca Vinson said...

Thanks Gordon

Regards

Nathan

Conrad Kinch said...

They look fantastic. Though I'd miss the red trousers.

Vinnie said...

Thanks Conrad.

I liked the red pant as well but apparently the white pants were worn once they were on campaign.

Regards

Nathan

Moiterei_1984 said...

Very nice painting! I really dig those fanciful early war uniforms. So obsolete but still striking...

Vinnie said...

Thanks Moiterei that is the same thinking I have, which is why I prefer to play the Aug/Sep battles.

All the best

Nathan