Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Rebasing Continues - Scythian Heavy Cavalry




I most likely have a little too much time on my hands at the moment, but it has allowed me to catch up on projects I had left in the cupboard or on the 'to do later list'. However I have been very busy rebasing a load of Ancients figures, once based for WAB, to Impetvs sized bases, which I tend to like a little better than the older systems. These beautiful figures were painted by Leroy Simpson many many years ago for my collection...but after using them for a few battles I moved them onto a friend who has never got to use them again. So after a short visit over to his house on the weekend we pulled them out of the cupboard, blew of the dust and I started rebasing. The army is big and thus far I have rebased four units of heavy cavalry (pictured), four skirmisher stands and one light infantry stand. There are another sixty mounted archers (light cavalry) to rebase into twenty CL units.....massive and I cannot wait to get them back onto the table again for a game. 

The figures are all Tin Soldiers figures from their extensive ancients range. However much of their ranges are a bit hit and miss, but I would have to say the Scythian's are the best of the bunch and are still some of the nicest Scythian's on the market today.
















11 comments:

Carlo said...

These look absolutely beautiful Nathan and what a coincidence in that I am currently also rebasing the beautiful Tin Soldier Scythians you painted and sold me all those years ago as well on Impetus bases and To The Strongest. These look fantastic and Leroy has done his usual excellent job on them. Your basing is superb btw.

Vinnie said...

Thank you Carlo that sure is a coincidence. The tin soldier scythians are great figures and young Leroy certinally paints them up well. The ones you have are the ones painted by me.

George Wyllie said...

Quality work there sir.

Vinnie said...

Ha why thank you George

Jonathan Freitag said...

Cavalry are gorgeous and your Impetvs basing is handsome!

Gordon Richards said...

Lovely figs...just superb!

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments Jonathan and Gordon.

Engel said...

Great looking bases and cool miniatures

Vinnie said...

Thank you Engel the figures do paint up very nicely.

The Kiwi said...

They really look the business. Top job.
cheers

Vinnie said...

Thank Kiwi. Leroy is a top painter