Saturday, October 8, 2016

My Impetvs Armies are Growing in Number - Late Imperial Roman Army


I have always wanted to build a Late Imperial Roman Army and I think over the years this one is the third I have owned...all the other have been moved on to better home. However I think I will be hanging on to these lads and possibly increasing the size. The main body of the army I purchased from a very nice gentleman in the UK and the remainder I have sourced from other sellers. I have since rebased the figures for Impetvs and my ever increasing collection of Ancient Armies.....you can never have enough. Now the army is based nicely for Impetvs (Basic Impetvs to start) with a total of  eight cavalry units, six infantry units and a artillery unit (just missing some missile and skirmish units to complete the army), I can soon hopefully have them on the table to battle a few barbarian hordes. 


The only unit of Cataphractarii (CP)




Two units of Equites (CM)



One unit of Equites Sagittari (CL)



Three units of Illyriciani (CL)




One unit of Artillery



Two units of Comitatenses (FP)




Four units of Pseudocomitatenses (FL)






18 comments:

Slowpainter said...

Very nice army. LIR is one of my ongoing side projects, this is inspiring.

Jonathan Freitag said...

That is a great looking army! Used for Impetvs; PERFECT!

rct75001 said...

They are really good looking units and I think the basing works very well with them.

Richard

Klingula said...

They are delightful! I myself like this era, I sincerely congratulate, very beautiful army

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. Just to confirm with you all that I did not paint the figures I just debased and touched up the odd spot.

Carlo said...

Beautiful looking troops Nathan and these Foundry sculpts are some of their best in the entire ancients range.

Phil said...

Wonderful job, I love your Cataphractarii unit, and the artillery...

Vinnie said...

Thank you Carlo and Phil for the comments. Carlo they are very nice figures indeed and thank you again for sending over the archers.

Regards

Nathan

Dopplebockdunkel said...

Lovely, I like your basing technique. Please do share the colours and techniques

Caliban said...

Great looking army. Do let us know how they fare in action...

Cyrus said...

Lovely Foundry Late Romans Vinnie!

Gordon Richards said...

Lovely figs!

Vinnie said...

Thanks Cyrus and Gordon I am very grateful the gentleman who sold me the figures.

Willie Anderson said...

Those look great the rebasing really sets them off

A J said...

Nice looking army!

Vinnie said...

Thank you Willie and AJ for the great comments

David Cooke said...

Isn't it nice to be able to pick up a unit on one base!

Vinnie said...

Dave it most certainly is mate. Thanks for your comments.

Regards

Vinnie