Thursday, October 27, 2016

Egyptian Army Command Stand


Just when you think your latest army is completed and there is nothing else to paint....'BAM' another idea jumps into your head...for me I need to do a nice little command stand to finally complete my  Egyptian Army for either the Anglo-Egyptian War or for the Sudan. These fine lads are a great mix of some Back and Beyond and Gringo40's figures. The chicken is from a 'Fram Yard' set I purchased a few years ago from Architects of War. I like to think these three are talking about their service in Mexico back in '64' with Maximilian.













21 comments:

DAVE DOCHERTY said...

Brilliant Vinnie

Loki Greathall said...

Superb piece of work

Vinnie said...

Thanks Dave and Loki.

Regards

Nathan

Jonathan Freitag said...

Oh, that is a great vignette!

Phil said...

Stunning job, the overall impression is amazing and details outstanding...

Gamer in Exile said...

That is a lovely command stand.

Vinnie said...

Thanks again for the great comments everyone. I like to place a little character on the table when and where I can.

Regards

Nathan

Michael Mills said...

Absolutely cracking work mate!

Giles said...

That's brilliant - an excellent set.

Best wishes

Giles

A J said...

A lovely little vignette! Well done.

Gordon Richards said...

Great figures and lovely vignette!

Ray Rousell said...

Beautifully done Vinnie.

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

A brilliant piece of work!

Vinnie said...

Wow thanks everyone for the fantastic comments and very happy to hear that you liked my latest little addition to the Army. Vignettes like this make a table I think.

Regards

Nathan

Sergey said...

Brilliant!

Carlo said...

What a wonderful command stand/vignette Nathan. The chicken on the barrel is an inspired piece of modelling mate!!

Vinnie said...

Thanks Carlo I knew you would like the chicken

Andrew Parr said...

Top stuff Nathan! Inspirational
Andrew

Vinnie said...

Cheers Andrew good to see you are back on the blog my good friend

Nathan

Mad Guru said...

I love the inspired use of figures from two unrelated ranges in a third setting! Absolutely, positively awesome!

Vinnie said...

Thanks buddy I love the vignette myself and it will certainly add some character to the table.

Thanks again

Nathan