Monday, September 12, 2016

Celt Noble Cavalry - 1st Corps



As mentioned the other day, I managed to drop by Leroy Simpson house for a cup of tea and look at his latest and greatest painting commissions. These lovely lads were painted for my collection as Galatians for my Impetvs Successor Armies.....I did ask for infantry but got Noble Cavalry instead...can not complain as Leroy has done a fantastic job on them. The figures are from the great 1st Corps Celtic collection and are the Celtic Noble Cavalry. Ist Corps have some very nice figures and I have to admit we don't get to see many of them on the gaming tables these days, but hopefully there will be more soon as I am planning to have Leroy painted a few units of warriors as well...he does not know that yet.





13 comments:

Phil said...

Great job, they look superb and dynamic!

A J said...

Nice work, they look full of dash.

Vinnie said...

Thanks AJ and Phil I will pass your comments on to Leroy.

Caliban said...

Lovely work by Leroy; when do we get to see them in action!?

Vinnie said...

Very soon I hope

Neil Scott said...

Very nice. 1st Corps do produce some lovely figures

Vinnie said...

Indeed they do Neil. I have Celts, Germans and a few Greeks in my collection.

The Kiwi said...

They look awesome. Very nice indeed. cheers

Vinnie said...

thanks Kiwi I will pass that on to the painting master...Leroy

Secundus said...

lOVELY AND NICE BIG BASES TOO. i HAVE SOME OF THESE GUYS MYSELF.

Secundus said...

Sorry for shouting, thats better.

Bluewillow said...

Nice work mate

Cheers
Matt

Vinnie said...

Ha ha thank you Secundus I don't mind the shouting as I am a little deaf in right ear.

Regards

Nathan