Monday, August 15, 2016

Perry Miniatures - Sudanese


Over the last couple of years I have been working in PNG for four weeks at a time and never really had much time for Myself, however this trip I decided to bring over some figures and paints with me and scheduled 20 to 30mins a night for painting.  After three weeks I managed to complete 24  x Perry Miniatures Sudanese for my Sudan collection. To be honest they were a repaint of an old commission I had painted for myself but I was not happy with how they were painted, thus they already had a good base coat. I basically repainted the flesh, uniform and rifle....only have to add them to a base now,  which will be a job for me on my I return home next week. After basing these lads plus the rest of the Egyptian lads will be involved with some intense battles with the Mahdi. So until then please enjoy.









21 comments:

Nate said...

Time well spent mate. They've turned out really well!

Vinnie said...

Thanks Nate I try my best.

Regards

Nathan

DAVE DOCHERTY said...

Looking good.

Vinnie said...

Thanks Dave they will be better once I base them

Regards

Nathan

Phil said...

THey look superb, excellent job!

Giles said...

Those look terrific. I really like the colour of the tunics - the "off white" effect really works.

Best wishes

Giles

Vinnie said...

Thanks Phil there will be a few more shots in the next couple of weeks once I get painting again.

Vinnie said...

Thanks Gilies I used a Iraq sand colour and add a little white each layer.

Gordon Richards said...

Great looking figs!

A J said...

I'm always glad to see nice Sudan figures. Excellent work!

Vinnie said...

Thank you AJ and Gordon..there are a few cross eye lads amongst them but as long as they stand and shoot well it should not matter.

All the best

Nathan

Roger Smith said...

look great, feel free to share any painting tips, just done some of my own, and they are pretty rubbish

Vinnie said...

Thanks Roger,

In regards to these lads I had to repaint an older figure, which I did not like the paint job on, thus they were already under coated. However as a rule when painting white I know use Iraqi Sand and then for each layer or highlight I add a little more white. In the end at least for the Egyptians of this period it allows for a nice off/dirty white colour.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nathan

Anna Elizabeth said...

Looking good! The Perrys for this period are just an absolute joy, IMHO. I'll try your Iraqi Sand idea when I get around to mine, your white uniforms look perfect. :)

Roger Smith said...

Thanks for that, great tip.

Der Alte Fritz said...

Those are lovely looking figures. It is nice to have some Sudanese and Egyptians in ones army.

Vinnie said...

Thanks Alte for the comments. I agree, I have eight units of Egyptians and auxiliaries for the Egyptian Army for this period so that they can be a stand alone force.

Regards

Nathan

Wargame News and Terrain Blog, said...

Hobby time well spend, looking splendid!

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

Very nice outcome. Well done!

Anton Boot said...

Very nice :)

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments again everyone. Hopefully these lads will do well in the first encounter with either the British or Mahdi.