Monday, June 27, 2016

Barricades - Empress Miniatures


My latest post is of some of the very nice barricades I have purchased from Empress Miniatures 'Builders Yard' range. They have three barricades available for mad keen gamers like Myself. The first barricade (pictured below)is a pile of dead horses, sandbags, boxes, mattress and other stuff lying about the street and makes for a great hasty barricade for any blackpowder period. 



The second barricade is of a more deliberate construction, designed to help hold ground for a long period of time and would not look out of place in any modern era street battle from the siege of Paris to the 2nd Spanish Civil War.



The last barricade could also be a hastily erected barricade of boxes, sandbags and a cart, which again would be very useful for the above mentioned periods. All the barricades featured have been painted by my good friend Leroy Simpson, who continues to paint some outstanding figures and terrain for my collection.


10 comments:

Carlo said...

These look fantastic Nathan. Do you have them in stock at Elite as well?

Phil said...

Amazing job, nicely done!

David Cooke said...

Very attractive barricades. Thumbs up for Leroys painting skills.

Rodger said...

They look wonderful!

Juan MancheƱo said...

Really nice barricades, and very useful!

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone and I will pass them onto Leroy.

Carlo yes indeed I do have them in stock but only one of each I sorry. However if you require more just let me know and I can order more stock in.

Regards

Nathan

Chris Walton said...

These are fantastic!

Vinnie said...

Thanks Chris

Regards

Nathan

Miniature Wargaming The Movie said...

Super cool barricades. They look fantastic!

Vinnie said...

Cheers buddy I will pass the comments on to out master painter Leroy.

Regards

Nathan