Sunday, February 14, 2016

Old Glory Thracians


The original  figures I purchased from eBay.

In my never ending quest to expand my Impetvs collection I recently purchased 24 x Old Glory Thracians, on eBay, from a nice gentleman in the USA, Igor. Over the last couple of days, I have provided them a new lease of life by adding a wash, a touch up in the flesh and clothing and then rebased for Impetvs. I did not want to change the original painting of the first artist, however it certainly shows, from the first image and then to the finished product that with a little love the figures can be improved and enhanced to make a very attractive unit….then onto the table top and victory…..maybe….maybe not.


The final product after I rebased, washed and improved on the old painting.


Two units of Thracian Light Infantry














And three Thracian skirmisher units.










18 comments:

Dave Hancox said...

Looking good mate :)

Been busy basing Pike today so must be the day for it

Vinnie said...

Ready when you are Dave.

Phil said...

Amazing job, these figures and bases are wonderful!

David Cooke said...

Nice job! I have an old army of Celts that I wavering on trying to update. You've tempted me to try.

Vinnie said...

Thanks Dave,

Rip them out buddy and get painting.

Gordon Richards said...

Just superb!

Caliban said...

Very nice indeed. I'd love to have a full Thracian army, but the detail work puts me off the idea. A bit like Gauls!

Michał Kucharski said...

Just amazing painted work! !

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

These look really lovely!!

Christopher

DeanM said...

Very nice work on rebasing and touching these up. They look great. If it's the same Igor from TMP days, he is a great guy.

AHunt said...

Those are much improved. Nice work.

Vinnie said...

I believe it was Igor from TMP

Vinnie said...

I can fully understand that

The Kiwi said...

Really nice way to improve that lot. cheers

Vinnie said...

Thanks Kiwi

David Cooke said...

Thanks Vinnie. I will. Soon as I decide on Impetus basing or element basing. One is better and one is more flexible.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

They look great based up. I also sometimes give purchased figures a 'little love' to help them fit into my collection with a more coherent theme.

Bluewillow said...

feck, they look outstanding mate!

cheers
Matt