Monday, November 16, 2015

Captain Mainwaring's Home Guard Platoon


Just before I set out for another trip over to beautiful PNG I managed to slip over to Leroy Simpsons' house and snap a few images of some of the fine figures he has been painting for commissions. One of his latest commissions is for our friend Gavin Shanks who Leroy has painted the fantastic Bolt Actions Dad's Army Home Guard Platoon box set for and Leroy has done again an outstanding job. 


Years ago Leroy painted up his own set of Home Guard figures however they were from the very nice Wargames Foundry set and I believe both sets are equally the same in style and character. I hope Gavin enjoys the figures and that they will soon see a little action on the 'Home Front'






12 comments:

Rodger said...

They are lovely! I have a set of these waiting some paint but I am bit afraid to attempt them yet!

Samuli S said...

Great looking minis! Nice to see stuff like this painted up. Really adds a lot of character and background to games

Stefan (aka. Monty) said...

A wonderful, characterful set of miniatures and an excellent paintjob you performed on them.

Carlo said...

Wonderful stuff Nathan.

I have that original Home Guard platoon from Leroy still and they do look the part. Do you remember he also painted up the Air Civil Defence platoon?

Lovely figures from such an iconic series!!

Gordon Richards said...

Wonderful!

John Lambshead said...

I have not yet got round to painting my set.

Scott Downing said...

"They don't like it up 'em, sir! They don't!"

Michael Awdry said...

These are absolutely tremendous!

Vinnie said...

Thanks everyone for the comments I will pass them on to Leroy.

Carlo I will have to have another look at the Air Civil Defence figures. I do not recall them but I am sure they would look great.

Thanks again

Nathan

paulalba said...

Very cool, excellent painting to!

Phil said...

A wonderful group!

Nate said...

Awesome bunch of minis!