Tuesday, October 27, 2015

French Napoleonic Hussars - Elite Miniatures



After a couple of very slow months....sorry Carlo....I finally finished painting four squadrons (six figures each) of the 10th Hussar's for a good friend in Perth. I think all the braid slowed me down. However I finally finished the lads last night and I have to admit they came up very nice. The Elite Miniatures range is one of the oldest ranges still producing figures in the old Peter Gilder style and these guys were designed over twenty years ago. As you can see they are still a nice figure and will fit in well with the later designed manufactures.....and I hope my friend Carlo will be happy with them when they arrive.



Elite Hussar troopers 


Hussars




Elite Hussar command


Hussar command 


Hussar command with Eagle Bearer

9 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Great figures; Great results!
Your recipient should be very pleased.

Carlo said...

Look great Nathan. Very much looking forward to getting them into the field sometime soon. Cheers mate!

Vinnie said...

Cheers Carlo. I am looking forward to seeing horsed and based as well.

Black Powder said...

Lovely work on these!

Phil said...

Amazing details on these Hussars, congrats!

Rodger said...

Beautiful work Vinnie! Top notch.

DAVE DOCHERTY said...

Great to see these, oldies but goodies

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments again lads. Happy to read you like the figures and painting.

Regards

Nathan

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Lovely. I particularly enjoy the musician in the shako. Lovely shading across all of the figures.