Friday, October 23, 2015

Ancient Greeks - Hoplite Casualties


After playing a few games of Basic Impetvs I thought my Greek Army missed something and that something was some casualty markers to represent my units when they are disordered. Up until the other day I have just been using small dice as markers however after looking at the Warlord Games website, for other goodies, I found these little beauties. The blister comes with 12 Greek Hoplite casualties however there is only three different figures and one of those is missing a hand. 


The figures do paint up well and I painted these lads up this morning for our game tonight. So quite and easy to paint.


Casualty One


Casualty Two


Casualty Three has his hand covered and shield uppermost.

16 comments:

Phil said...

Fantastic job as always, details are just perfect!

Vinnie said...

Thanks Phil...bit of a rushed job on these lads as I needed to have them painted for tonights game.

Regards

Nathan

Spyros Staikos said...

They look great. Good luck with the game.

paulalba said...

Very nicely done the came out great.

Gordon Richards said...

They look superb!

Scott MacPhee said...

Those are great! That should make your army feel more complete.

Vinnie said...

Thanks again for the comments everyone. The lads got onto the table tonight and looked a treat.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Well those look really nice! I've really have to play another game of Impetus!

Christopher

roma912 said...

Nicely done. I really must finish my own. ..

Cheers, Ross

Moiterei_1984 said...

Splendid! Casualty always seem to bring that little extra flavour to the table.

Michael Mills said...

Marvellous brushwork Nathan. The hand painted shields are superb mate.

Vinnie said...

Thanks Michael for your comments....the old hand painted shields were a mission I have never done that before and was not sure how I would go.

Carlo said...

Look sensational Nathan.

PsychosisPC said...

Good like paintwork. How is the scale on them? My experience with Warlord is that they are all over the place scale-wise and I have never seen these in person.

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments again lads. The figures did seem a little small however as casualties and placed on a base it does not really matter. So they fit in nicely with my armies, whcih are a mix of Blacktree Greeks, AA Miniatures and Vendel Miniatures...plus a few Foundry lads mixed in.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Wow! Nice!