Thursday, April 2, 2015

"Did I tell you about the time I was kicked out of Rugby for drinking?" - A Victorian Vignette




Whenever participating in a good colonial game you always need to have some colourful Victorian characters or vignettes on the table and today I have done just that. I whipped this little vignette up yesterday and today out of three individual figures I have lying around taking up space on my painting table. I was not quite sure what to do with them as they are not really action figures you could mix in with your front line troops. so I decided to make a camp site vignette with them instead.


The figures come from three different manufactures the first figure, holding the binoculars is a Wargamings Foundry artillery officer from their Zulu War range. The middle officer is a Empress Miniatures figure from the Anglo-Zulu range and the final figure is an Artizan figure from their fantastic North West Frontier range. All three figures, I think, fit in very nicely with each other.  Please enjoy and Happy Easter to all.





Wargames Foundry British Artillery Officer - Anglo Zulu War


Empress Miniatures Officer from the Anglo-Zulu War range


Artizans British Officer drinking tea from the NWF range

12 comments:

Phil said...

So British! Fantastic job...

DAVE DOCHERTY said...

Brilliant.

el frances said...

Very nice painting job !

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments guys I like the little vignette and will hopefully see it on the table in the next couple of weeks.

All the best

Vinnie

Gordon Richards said...

Wonderful!

Rodger said...

Very very nice work there Vinnie!

John said...

One must remain calm at all times and carry on. Tea anyone? (Famous last words I think!)

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Great shading on the flesh areas. I particularly like the chap with the big cigar.

Spyros Staikos said...

"I do say rather nice and oh so British ol'chap."

Juan MancheƱo said...

Fantastic vignette. Great.

A J said...

Jolly good fun!

Bedford said...

I love the title LOL :>)

Great work as always.

Darrell.