Sunday, April 26, 2015

British Mounted Officers - Old Glory Miniatures


My final post for the week is of three mounted I have just finished painting and basing. All three figures are from Old Glory Miniatures British Boer range. There are six mounted officers in the pack however I gave three officers to Brian Buskell and I kept the remaining three. The first two pictured have been painted for either the NWF, Re-Conquest of the Sudan or the 2nd Boer War. The final single mounted officer I trimmed his pockets off to convert to a nicely posed officer of the 24th Foot for the Anglo-Zulu War.







11 comments:

Phil said...

excellent figures and painting.... waiting for young winston to make an appearance :o)

Phil said...

Another very nice job!

Solo wargaming-on a budget! said...

Excellent work on these characters! Its also nice to see some of the Old Glory range because the website has only a few pictures on it. Thanks for sharing these.

Vinnie said...

Not a problem guys. Old Glory have some great character figures for the colonial period and I would have to agree a young Winston would look good....might have to commission someone to make one.

Greg Sapara said...

I must say, you breathe life into these OG miniatures. I've always been a bit hesitant to purchase any for my Sudan collection, but you've shown that they are, indeed, worth having!

Well done again!

DeanM said...

Great looking mounted commanders. I do like OG's Colonial ranges - they have a charm unto themselves. And they paint up beautifully, as you have proved so well here.

A J said...

Oh, he does have that haughty Horse Guards look to him! Nicely done, sir!

David Cooke said...

Excellent looking officers!

Juan MancheƱo said...

Wonderful painting work; they are full of Victorian character!

Carlo said...

Excellent work Nathan - there are some gems in the Old Glory range that's for sure!

Vinnie said...

Absolutely Carlo there are some classics