Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Madhist Nile River Forts




Yesterday whilst casting a few figures I had a little brain blast and decided I needed to have a couple of Nile River forts for our upcoming Sudan Campaign. So in between spins of the moulds I quickly put together two little forts to help defend the Nile from those pesky infidel steam boats. Both forts are opened at the rear as TVAG has mentioned in Vol II of the The Mahdist Wars Source Book. Mine are a little low have no rifle loops but I think for our scale of gaming they will fit in quite nicely. 


This image I found on the Internet and was my inspiration for the fort shown below. It was quite big and well above man height. But for wargaming I think it would have taken up half our table. So I reduced it to the scale below. 












12 comments:

DAVE DOCHERTY said...

Very nicely done.

Carlo said...

Excellent work Nathan. No rest for the wicked mate!!

Vinnie said...

Thanks Dave and Carlo...I had to do it with the campagain coming up the Mahdi had to have some kind of protection from those damn river boats

Gordon Richards said...

Inpsired!

Paul´s Bods said...

They look Very realistic!

Vinnie said...

Thanks foe the comments lads and happy to read that you like my little forts though hardly realist Paul but good for a nice little game

Phil said...

Well done, good job!

DeanM said...

Great looking scratch-built terrain. The scale down for the gaming table translated excellently.

A J said...

A neat little model.

Michael Mills said...

Great stuff mate, they really look the business!

David Cooke said...

Inspiring results thanks!

Vinnie said...

Thanks again for the great comments everyone. Hopefully they will get used over the next couple of weeks as we are about to start a Sudan campaign.