Thursday, February 19, 2015

11th Sudanese Infantry Battalion 1886


Another little mission I have also completed today is two companies of Sudanese infantry for our Sudan Collection. The figures are all from Old Glory Miniatures Sudan Range (except one Perry Miniatures Egyptian Officer who has crept into the mix). I have painted the figures to represent the 11th Sudanese Battalion in the 1886 uniform, with the blue jersey  for the later Sudan campaigns. I am still yet to paint the standards. Not sure when these lads will get a run on the table but maybe sometime in April.


The figures were quite easy to paint and make for additional colour for the Anglo-Egyptian forces defending against the Mahdist hordes. I will most definitely paint a few more maybe this time in the brown jersey?




12 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Your Old Glory Sudanese look great! I do like the blue uniform.

Vinnie said...

Thanks Jonathan,

Most people seem to paint them in the brown so I thought I might try blue for a change.

Phil said...

A fantastic paint job for a great uniform...gorgeous!

DeanM said...

Great looking colonial troops - I like how they're based too.

A J said...

They look the business. Good troops in the field, too.

Michael Mills said...

These guys are the business Nathan. Love the colours and the skin tone is spot on.

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone. I love this period and am finding it very hard to deviate to another period....'God save the Queen'

Ant Master said...

Excellent as always. What colour do you use for the bases

A

Phyllion said...

Excellent once more! Like the later uniform but retaining the blue jerseys

Carlo Pagano said...

Very nice as always Nathan. Great to see the Sudanese in all their glory.

Juan MancheƱo said...

Great looking units. I lke a lot your painting work, and the figures are really nice.

Vinnie said...

Ant Master,

I use a tan base colour then followed by three dry brush coats of Vallejo Dark Sand. Each coat lightened by adding a little more white. I hope that helps.

Regards

Nathan