Friday, October 31, 2014

Dead Man's Hand



Last night I played my first game of Dead Man's Hand...I got slaughtered in all three scenes we played but thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The rules, turn sequence, and game was very easy to learn and after the second scene we new how the game run without looking too much in to the rules. I would definitely recommend the game for anyone wanting a break from the normal large scale battles. 



 Our little town set up for the game. Each scene does have a basic town layout but we just used the same town for each one.


Scene one was a standard straight up and shoot out in the street...I lost. My man is the fuzzy guy in the distance.



Scene two involved five gunmen from each side shooting it out in the buildings and main street.



All figures from the two gangs were painted by Leroy Simpson and were from Jeff and Harrison Smiths' collections.







The final scene involved all gang members from both sides. You can have more involved however that involves having a few more figures painted. We however only just had the standard gangs from the DMH's sets.








Hostage taken




Again my last man standing.....I knifed the guy in front but went down in the next turn with four bullet holes in my chest.


13 comments:

Moiterei_1984 said...

Looks like an excellent time was had by all. The pics are a real eye candy. Very nice set up and figures.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Looks great and makes me think about trying out my old west stuff again.

Christopher

Sun of York said...

Looks absolutely fantastic! I had to show my better half and she agreed to. Dead Man's Hand is on my list of things to do and this post provides major inspiration. Thanks.

Spyros Staikos said...

Looks fantastic.

I have had a demo game of it, and must admit it was very addictive.

Carlo Pagano said...

Looks sensational Nathan - very nice indeed and I think young Ben is already itching to play this as well.

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the great comments guys. The DMH system is quite fun and I think a good introduction for the young lads out there....cheep figures and rules, fast and easy set of rules is always a thumbs up for me.

Regards

Vinnie

Mikko Asikainen said...

Excellent terrain! What do you use for roads? Kitty litter?

Phil said...

Great looking pictures, thanks for sharing these eye candy photos!

Vinnie said...

Hello Mikko,

The roads are made from a mixture of BBQ sorbent and builders fine sand.

All the best

Nathan

Joakim Ström said...

Great game-board. You wouldn't know the make of the wagon in pic no 6.

Vinnie said...

Joakim

The base is 4ground unsure if who makes the top but it is made of resin.

Regards

Nathan

Juan Mancheño said...

This is a very good and small ruleset, full of fun. Fantastic terrain and figures; your game table is wonderful!

Michael Mills said...

Another wonderful looking game from you mate!