Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Boer Wagon Laager



Sorry I have not place many posts in the last month but my new employment has taken me away from home and wargaming a month at a time......sorry excuse I know. However over the last couple of days I have manage to build and complete a nice little wagon laager for my Boers. I have been wanting to make one of these for sometime now but never actually got around to it, to many projects like the rest of us. The wagons are from the 4Ground wagon sets, which go easily together and the base I made from scratch. The painting on the wagons however is a little dodgy it is not my greatest strength. But if you are planning on gaming in the Anglo-Zulu or the Anglo-Boer wars the laager is I feel a must for the gaming table.


Stage 1 wagons completed


 Stage 2 wagons painted and tarps added to the wagons


Stage 3 all completed with a light wash to finish


 Then add the Boers and they are ready for battle




15 comments:

Samuli S said...

Very nice piece! Should be a great addition to games

Rodger said...

This looks fantastic Vinnie! Really nice work on the wagons!

Vinnie said...

Thanks Guys, it was my first time making wagons so that are still not quite right for my liking.

Regards

Vinnie

Carlo Pagano said...

Very nice work Nathan - amazing what 4ground can produce these days!

Vinnie said...

Thanks Carlo if was something nice and easy to get my mind off from work

Jonathan Freitag said...

That is a cool vignette!

Michael Awdry said...

There are a must have addition and been MDF makes them all the more affordable. Lovely work Vinnie, is the plan to just drop the base in when required?

Juan MancheƱo said...

Really nice piece!!!

jonathan said...

Rather splendid!

Phil said...

Great looking piece!!

Stuart S said...

Vinnie great work, every African table must have one... :-)
All the best.
Stu

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone I never thought a boer laager would bring so many responses. The decision to make the laager arose after reading through a number of books on the Anglo boer war and learning that there were numerous raids and attacks on boer positions which involved a laager. Then of course it can be used when fighting against the Zulus for both the British and boers.

Michael Mills said...

Impressive work mate. These kind of items really make a game pop. Looking forward to seeing it on the table.

Will McNally said...

Inspirational stuff, must get around to upgrading my Zulu war wagons sometime.

Zombie Ad said...

Very nice as an objective or simply additonaL terrain