Friday, March 7, 2014

Elite Miniatures Prussian Hussars 1800 - 1807


I have been slowly painting figures from the Elite Miniatures over the last few months and these lovely fellows are from Peter Morbey's Early Prussian Range 1800-1807, but I think they would fit in fine for the earlier revolution period as well. However I have painted them to represent a French Hussar unit - the 11th Hussars. The figure codes are PC9 (Hussars sword up) and PC10 (Hussar Command). They are an older range designed over twenty years ago; however I think they will stand up well against some of the more recent figure companies. Anyway I was told by a friend I should put them up on the blog and so here they are.....

Regards

Vinnie

Prussian Command

12 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Superb! Great job and I needed some inspiration for horseflesh too - perfect.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Beautiful brushwork!

Phil said...

Splendid, the details are awesome, love the faces especially...

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments Guys the figures are an older design but still look very good once based and painted.

Regards

Vinnie

Michael Mills said...

Great looking hussars mate. That green is superb.

DAVE DOCHERTY said...

And very nice too..

brian_smaller said...

Hi Vinnie. Do you think these would do as Spanish hussars (1805-1808 period)?

Vinnie said...

Hello Brian,

Just have a quick look in my references and I think they would do fine as Spanish Hussars, however the only issue is the saddle cloth. Spanish Hussars used the square shaped Dragoon saddle cloth and as you can see from the images above the Prussian one is pointed. But if you are not too concerned then by all means use the figures.

Regards

Vinnie

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Very, very nice indeed. I am inspired. Good advice about the Spanish Hussars, ta.

brian_smaller said...

That level of detail doesn't particularly worry me so....I might get some :)

Paul Narreau said...

Thinking of using theses as Spanish hussars against the French in Spain.

Paul Narreau said...

Thinking of using theses as Spanish hussars against the French in Spain.