Friday, February 28, 2014

Union Mounted Commanders


Sorry I have been a little slack lately by not having as many posts on the blog as usual, anyway I have been quite busy painting a couple of commissions and making more small pieces of terrain. However I did manage to paint these lovely Perry Miniatures ACW Commanders. They represent three Union Commanders at the Battle of Gettysburg - Maj-Gen Oliver Howard, Maj-Gen George Sykes and Maj-Gen Daniel Sickles. I could have based them on separate command stands with Corps flags but I thought they also might look good on a single base together having a little chat?


Maj-Gen Oliver Howard


Maj-Gen Daniel Sickles


Maj-Gen George Sykes



11 comments:

Gary Amos said...

Love these, but they remind me that I still have to paint mine!

Vinnie said...

I know what you mean I had these guys for over a year before they hit the painting table

Rodger said...

Stunning paintwork Vinnie!

Carlo Pagano said...

Great work Nathan.

Phil said...

Excellent paintjob!

Moiterei_1984 said...

They look great! Very effective basing also.

Michael Peterson said...

A very fine job and a good decision to group them together. I love the empty sleeve, that's a nice touch by the Perrys. As Joanathan said, your basing is very effective.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Fantastic! I, too, like the multiple figure basing. Nice vignette or command stand.

DeanM said...

Very nicely painted - and they look good together. That pinned up sleeve really hits home too.

Michael Edwards said...

Great work mate, did you paint the horses or did you cop out and get the pirate to do it. Keep the dice rolling mate. Love the blog.

Vinnie said...

Ha ha thanks Eddie no the horses are my painting as well mate