Monday, February 10, 2014

Perry Miniatures - Dismounted Union Cavalry


After the lads played their ACW battle last Wednesday, I released that we just did not quite have enough Union dismounted cavalry, for anything over a small skirmish and we have always wanted to replay the first day at Gettysburg with Buford's Cavalry Division. So over the last couple of days I put my paint brushes back to work and painted up another unit. I still have one more unit to go, which will bring our combined units together at five regiments. Still not ideal but better them what we had on hand. 


The figures have been painted as just a generic regiment and should fit into just about any campaign or battle we play. The figures themselves are from Perry Miniatures ACW range. The only grip I have is that Perry have not yet designed a dismounted command. But please enjoy.






10 comments:

Carlo Pagano said...

Beautiful figures Nathan - I still remember that wonderful Union dismounted cavalry you painted that I had all those years ago. We're they Old Glory or Dixon???? Great painting as always.

Vinnie said...

Wow I can not remember them they might have been old glory I think. I would like to compare those old figures with my more recent ones one day. Thanks Carlo

Regards

Nathan

Bedford said...

Nice scene!

Darrell.

Rodger said...

Stunning work!

Phil said...

Beautiful pictures, firgues and scenery!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

The beauty of the sculpts are only exceeded by the fine paint job you've put on them. Excellent work!

Moiterei_1984 said...

Excellent painting. The scenic shots are great.

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments guys the figures were nice and easy to paint as are most Perry Miniatures. I look forward to seeing on the table one day..hopefully soon.

Cyrus said...

Lovely dismounted cavalry!

Michael Peterson said...

You've done a cracking good job on them. Now I want to get some of these Perry fellers, they look like they'd go well with my Foundry Union cab dismounts.