Monday, February 17, 2014

Battlefield Clutter - Bush and Rock Clusters


I was a little bit naughty today and instead of painting more British Napoleonic infantry for a good friend of mine...sorry Carlo, I made a few pieces of battlefield clutter to throw onto the tabletop. Ever since I read "A Military Gentleman' by John Ray I have been inspired by the amazing terrain and have been wanting to build a few such terrain pieces myself. 


So these seven small rock and tree clusters were my first attempt to produce something to replicate the images from John's book. It is amazing what some rubberise horse hair, rocks from the garden and some floor mat and produce in such a short period of time..only 24 hours. Hopefully some of them will be on the table this coming Wednesday. So please enjoy the images regards...Vinnie








11 comments:

Carlo Pagano said...

They look fantastic Nathan and a very good idea. The John Ray book is one of the best "wargaming" style books I have ever had the pleasure to read...and yes you are naughty! Lol

legatus hedlius said...

Excellent and very useful. I don't spend nearly enough time on scenery!

Author said...

Those look great:) Perfect for breaking up the board!

Simon Miller said...

Yes they look very effective. Must try horse hair out!

James said...

Those are a bit of alright, those are.

A J said...

The do look good! I must make a few more terrain pieces. A bit of 'set dressing' makes for a nice gaming table.

DeanM said...

Very nice - they will liven up any table.

Silver Whistle said...

John Ray is a very talented fellow.
You have done a superb job on these and they will enhance your table even further.
Cheers,
Pat.

Scott Bowman said...

Very effective, and widely usable.

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments guys. They were very easy ti make and I think the longest part was cutting out the bases.....and I only watched as Leroy did the work...I do not own a jigsaw.

Regards

Vinnie

John said...

These look mighty nice!