Friday, December 13, 2013

Confederate Cavalry - Perry Miniatures


I have just finished painting and basing this fine Confederate Regiment for a good friend of mine at the club. It is the first time I have painted any cavalry figure including the horses for a very long time, as I am normally an infantry man (a little easier to paint). To be honest I have always been a little scared of painting horses.....but considering I think I did not do to badly?


I have not painted the figures to represent any particular Confederate Regiment but rather a generic unit so as to fit into any ACW game we play. So hopefully I have the colours and uniforms correct or close as possible. The Perry plastics were quite nice to paint and were very easy to put together. So if you were thinking about grabbing a pack they are highly recommended.... please enjoy.





11 comments:

Michael Edwards said...

They look pretty good vinny well done. I still don't know why you and Leroy paint the whites in the horses eyes the only time you see that is when they are shit scared, your choice I suppose.

Vinnie said...

Ah Eddie you are such a perfectionist..They are riding into battle my good man..shot and shell landing all around. But they are the first horses I have painted for some time.

Cheers

Vinnie

Moiterei_1984 said...

Very well done! The painting is great and yes, the horses turned out especially nice.

Rodger said...

Great work Vinnie, they look fantastic!

Carlo Pagano said...

Very nice work Nathan - and let me tell you if someone was firing cannon at me you would see more than just the white of my eyes!!!!

Cyrus said...

Excellent painting Vinnie!

James Brewerton said...

I would not worry about doing more horse's as these are top draw
Peace James

DeanM said...

Fantastic looking cav!

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments guys next I am painting some Union and Confederate commands so hopefully in the next few days I will have the images up for you as well.

Regards

Vinnie

Michael Edwards said...

good save old fella lol

Bluewillow said...

looking good mate!

cheers
Matt