Tuesday, September 17, 2013

5th New York Zouaves - Perry Plastics


I think all the guys out there would have been playing and collecting ACW would have at some time if not already have this fine regiment in their collection - 5th New York Zouaves. Well this is the second time I have painted the unit and added it to my own collection. The last time was over 12 years ago and they were Old Glory 1st edition, still a fine figure, but I have since moved those old boys on and have again painted more but this time from the very nice Perry Plastics ACW range.


My grand planned is to paint another Zouave Unit - 10th New York, who were brigaded with 5th NY during the Peninsular, 2nd Manassas and Maryland Campaigns...now that would make a fine Brigade. 







18 comments:

Scott said...

Superb unit, well done.

Scott Robertson said...

Looking great mate. Might have to leave it at my place Friday so I an look after it.

Phil said...

Splendid, really splendid!

Cameronian said...

Very impressive!

DadExtraordinaire aka Marcus Maximus said...

Came across your blog via TMP. Stunning unit. In fact you have a wonderful collection on here and I particularly like the Ottomans - could you up load a post with many pics of your Ottoman Army?

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments fellas..they took me a bit of time to paint and I really did not enjoy it.....however I am going to paint another in regiment in the next month or so.

Thanks again

Vinnie

Vinnie said...

DadExtraordinaire,

If you look down the the left side column there is a label for 'Old Glory' it has all the Ottomans on there.

Regards

Vinnie

BigRedBat said...

Those are just lovely, Vinnie. I particularly like the command group and the officer.

Cheers, Simon

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

That's a great looking unit!

Christopher

jmilesr said...

Great looking unit. Your painting is really top notch.

I have a unit of the Perry Plastic Zouaves painted up as the LA tigers. I need to get a few units of Union Zouaves done up

SteveH said...

splendid!

DeanM said...

Very cool unit, lovely painting. Everyone needs a unit of Zouaves. Best, Dean

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Outstanding work. Just the right amount of contrast in the face highlighting. Well done.

Cyrus said...

Fantastic Zouaves Vinnie!

Vinnie said...

Thanks again for the great comments. I have just ordered the next lot from Pery Miniatures in metal so am looking forward to painting the 10th New York National Zouaves.

Regards

Vinnie

James Fisher, FINS said...

They loved their zouave uniforms back then and so do we now. Splendid!

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Excellent Vinnie

sebastosfig said...

Excellently done. I love them.
Cheers

Seb