Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Perry Miniatures - 92nd Highlanders


I have just added these fine lads painted as the 92nd Highlanders to my colonial collection. Leroy Simpson had recently painted them for me and they had been waiting their turn for basing. I intend to used the fellows for the 2nd Afghan War, 1st Boer War, Later Sudan and maybe slip them into 'The Great Boer War' period. However their first engagement will be tomorrow night in the 2nd Afghan War with Lord Roberts. Again I think young Leroy has done a fine job on these great Perry Miniatures.









14 comments:

Gary Amos said...

They're very nicely done! I especially like the kilts which are often 'overdone' - the tone is just right. Many times you can only see 'kilt', not the figure!

Dan said...

These are very nice, I have some 15mm ones coming in the post, but they will end up sci field up for VSF, might use these as painting inspiration.

BigRedBat said...

Lovely paint job!

Monty said...

Excellent work!

Cheers
Stefan

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Tartan work on the kilts is spot on!

Jonathan Freitag said...

Great job on those figures. quite striking!

Grigork said...

Very nice work, especially the kilts and faces.

Juan MancheƱo said...

They are very nice, sir, very nice!

Tom Young said...

Superb paint jobs, very nice detail!!
tom

A J said...

Fine chaps all. Their kilts look exactly right.

J Womack, Esq. said...

Quite nice. May need to get a box of these for my own collection, as I don't think Empress does HIghlanders in kilt.

Sidney Roundwood said...

Absolutely wonderful. Super and very effective tartan!

Konstanty Kwas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Konstanty Kwas said...

Great skill mr. I do this game card to, but i must do more figure if i want have same skill