Friday, July 26, 2013

A Busy Couple of Days Re-Basing


The other weekend I was up visiting a good friend, Gerry Webb of Cast-a-Way Arts, and happened to see a little collection of colonial figures he had gathering dust. Well a couple of days later the figures ended up in my car and into my collection. The figures had seen quite a bit of gaming over the years and had been signally based. So over the last three days I have re-based and touched up a few bits and pieces here and there just to give them a new lease of life. I intend for them to see battle again on the Wednesday night coming, against the Pathans of my last post. In all I have re-based three companies of British, a Gurkha company and a Indian company to add to my growing NFW/Colonial collection.











11 comments:

James Brewerton said...

some great Foundry figures there, I also have these awaiting paint. Yours look well used.
Peace James

Robert Hingley said...

Great looking collection that you picked up. I like what you did for the bases. Good hunting on the North West Frontier

Syl said...

Magnificent. I like this post, i've preference for the gurkhas soldiers. Thank you very much.

BigRedBat said...

Very nice; and it always feels good to give some TLC to forgotten miniatures.

Vinnie said...

Are they are good lads and I believe they will fight well for me over the next few years.

All the best

Vinnie

Pat G said...

There is nothing quite so sad as toy soldiers gathering dust instead of being played with.

Well done sir and excellent basing.

DeanM said...

Fabulous collection of Ghurkas. They do look impressive - as in real life too. Dean

Silver Whistle said...

The old Foundry figures are great and you have done a top job on the bases.
Cheers,
Pat.

Nathan Watt said...

Great job. Very uniformed and detailed

Willie Anderson said...

A rebase really can transform figures these look great Vinnie

Best wishes
Willie

Konstanty Kwas said...

Very nice, i love this gamecards! you painting this ffigure or buy in colour?