Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Natal Native Contingent - 2nd Company



I have just recently finished my second unit of for the Natal Native Contingent, this time however I put in a couple of the lads in beanies and wide brimmed hats. I have also slightly changed my basing by adding a mix of fine sand and small rocks to form the base. I have then dry brushed over it, added some  static grass and some longer tuff. Not sure if I like the final product as it might be a little to stony for Zululand. Anyway in comparison to my earlier post on these guys I think they match in with the other unit quite well. 


 The figures are all Warlord Games plastics with the Empress Miniatures Boers as a leader. The Empress Miniatures figure is a little small but I think that maybe due to the thinner base. However the NNC as the Zulus very easy to paint and are a must for those wargaming the Anglo-Zulu period.





12 comments:

Phil said...

Really impressive!
Phil.

Cyrus said...

Great NNC!

Rodger said...

Beautiful work here Vinnie. I so need to get some of these!

Nathan Watt said...

I think the stones were a great choice to add to their bases personally. It also helps to set them apart from the normal grass terrain.

Keep up the good work and feel free to pop in now and again Nathan's Fiction Sphere

DeanM said...

Marvelous work as always. I really like how you do the skin tones. Best, Dean

Silver Whistle said...

lovely painting and basing.

Michael Edwards said...

Not bad old man

Vinnie said...

Thanks Eddie good to hear from you again young fella. Are you still painting?

Michael Edwards said...

Can't keep up hav'nt painted for myself since Brisbane

Vinnie said...

Not good Mate I am retiring finally in June after 24yrs so will have a bit of time up my sleeve.

Neil said...

Very nice.

Shaun said...

really impressive flesh tones.