Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sikh infantry - Perry Miniatures






Hello everybody I hope you all had a great Christmas and a great New Year? Life here at the Vinsons' was very good, I received my 'Man Cave' cabinet and a managed to finish two units of Perry Miniatures Sikh infantry for either the Sudan or the North West Frontier. I cheated a little in the painting of these guys as I decided to us the Army Painter system, which worked out OK, but a little dusty.....but that is OK as I am sure the Sudan was a little dusty and I know that Afghanistan is most definitely very dusty.


I have based the figures on 40x40mm bases with three to a base. They are based for Fortune & Glory 'Colonial' which I have been play testing for the last 18 months with the guys from the Lonely Gamers Club. The rules will also be finally play tested at competition level on the 22/23 June this year at the Australian Colonial Championships in Townsville.....anyway that is the plan.


So I hope you like the figures as much as I have and they might one day inspire you to paint a few for yourselves......till the next post enjoy.






11 comments:

Monty said...

Great stuff Vinnie! I'm going down the 15mm route for this period, but wouldn't be without the old Army Painter - essential ;)
Happy New Year!

James said...

Those are quite splendid!

Rodger said...

Top notch stuff Vinnie! I love them!

Scott said...

Nice tidy job, they look good.

DeanM said...

Great looking figures; by "dusty" - you mean from the matte spray? Still they look great and like you say, appropriate for the location. Best wishes for 2013. Dean

A J said...

Very nice work, sir. They certainly look the part for troops on a hard campaign.

Juan MancheƱo said...

As you say, a bit dusty, but very nice models!

Bluewillow said...

good one Vinnie,

you really need to shake the hell out of the army painter otherwise it end up a little grainy (as does valejo washes).

looking good, hope i can get a leave pass to venture up for your Colonial bash!

cheers
matt

Vinnie said...

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, I an happy to hear that most guys use the old army painter.

Matty it would be great top see you up here for the competition Old Boy.

regards

Vinnie

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

They are definitely an incentive to paint some for my 15mm Sudan project!

Chad Sikes said...

Where could one get a copy of these colonial rules?