Thursday, January 10, 2013

Perry Miniatures - Newspaper Correspondents



I have just upload the latest painting commission from Leroy Simpson for me. Leroy has painted the figures and I have completed the base both creating the vignette. The figures are from the fantastic Perry Miniatures Sudan Range and is one of the extras -  code  SU4 Newspaper Correspondents ( Melton Prior sketching, Frederic Villiers mounted, Bennet Burleigh standing plus servant with standing horse). We have mirrored the basing and painting from another well known painter and tried for simular results, which I think Leroy has done a very nice job....so please enjoy until my next post.








13 comments:

BigRedBat said...

Am very much liking those! I wonder, is there lso a "Young Winston" model? That would be fun!

Cheers, Simon

Nate said...

I really like how you've based them, they look great.

Rodger said...

Really nice Vinnie!

Mark Hargreaves said...

One of the best Perry groups I have in my isplay case. Great work on both painting and base!

fireymonkeyboy said...

Love these, terrific character.

DeanM said...

Great looking figurese, all with so much character. Best, Dean

A J said...

Wow! Excellent brushwork!

Michael Awdry said...

Fabulous, must pick this set up myself.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog, said...

Great miniatures both in paintjob and basing! Looking forward in more eye candy.

Cheers

Vinnie said...

Thanks for your comments guys, Leroy would have to be on of Australia's finest painters and we are lucky to have him here in North Queensland. I will pass on all your comments to him.

All the best

Vinnie

Stuart S said...

Had my eye on these for a while, you have forced my hand.

Silver Whistle said...

The figures, painting, basing and photography all superb.

Whisperin Al said...

Very nice - I've been thinking about getting these too.