Sunday, December 2, 2012

What did Leroy Paint for Me When I was Away?


Oh! Leroy was busy on my behalf when I was away. In my absence I had commissioned him to finish painting this little Belgium colonial army for the Australian Colonial Competition in June. In all the army has a total of eight infantry units an artillery battery and command. No cavalry required as the Belgium's did deploy (as far as I can find) any cavalry units in the battles they had with the Mahdi.



Play testing these guys should be a load of fun, hopefully sometime over the next couple weeks they will get a run.




9 comments:

bertinoro67 said...

superb figures and basement!!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Looks like he did a fantastic job for you!

Christopher

Paul´s Bods said...

Excellent set of figs!!

Tank Girl said...

Lovely work from Leroy.

Cheers,

Helen

Giles said...

That's a beautiful army, Vinnie. I had nom idea the Belgians fought the Mahdi! A belated welcome back, too.

Best wishes

Giles

Michael Awdry said...

Fabulous!

Willie Anderson said...

Those are great Vinnie Leroy has done a great job on those!

Bec Vinson said...

It is good to be back home and with family, toy soldiers and time to spare. Leroy always does a fantastic job and I m forever great full for the painting he has done for me. The Belguims had a numbers of small battles with the Mahdi forces, however they were nothing like those to the north against the British and Egyptian forces.

Vinnie

Silver Whistle said...

Superb looking army, very nicely painted and based.