Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Covenantor Scottish Pike - Re Painted




Ahh! I have just finished re-painting this nice little unit of Covenantor Scottish Pike I had recently got from a friend of mine. The unit was originally just painted with a basic coat and Army Painter, however on receiving then I decided to give them another coat just in the attempt to highlight the uniforms and faces. I must say that I was surprisingly happy with the end result. Figures are from Warlord Games and are based for just about any new gaming system on the market now days, so 3 to 4 figure per stand on a 40x40mm base.....no purple flowers Andrew they have advanced south of the boarder.



Ok just re-vampped the images in better light. I only have my iphone to work with so sorry if the shots are not that good. I also painted up the two flags this morning as you can not have a unit without a flag or two...all the best for Christmas.




9 comments:

NAPOLEONIC-SPAIN said...

wuao Its fantastic and realism
I like it



thanks

Engel said...

Great looking unit.

MiniMike said...

They look fantastic, love the basing as well..

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments guys, I was pretty happy with the results as well, they were all re-painted and based in the last two days, I guess when you have time to spare you might as well crack on.

Thanks again

Vinnie

Jonathan said...

Those look remarkable! Well done. I really like the basing as well.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

They look just great!

Christopher

Tank Girl said...

Nice work Nathan on the re-paint.

Cheers,

Helen

Jason said...

Very nice indeed! The basing really sets them off a treat too.

Best wishes,

Jason

Phil said...

Wonderful units, very impressive!
Phil.