Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Castaway Arts - Camel Train

Wow hello again..sorry for no post lately work and computer repairs have stopped me from putting up any posts in the last few weeks. But that means I do have some great stuff that has been waiting to be placed up. My first post back are images from my latest commission I have had Leroy Simpson paint. Leroy has painted this great little Camel Train set from Castaway Arts. I purchased the two sets a couple of years ago when I was first getting in the Sudan and only pulled them out of the cupboard at the start of the year and thought that I had better have them painted. The camel train, I believe can be used from ancients through to modern times and I have done just that. The first train has some nice rifles tucked into grain sacks of the second camel and the second set has the driver carrying a throwing spear. Either way I could use them both right up to the early to late 19th Century. Anyway I have a few more post to do over the next couple of days so please enjoy....








10 comments:

painter Jim said...

like your work and the detailing on the camels.

sebastosfig said...

I really love this piece. How do you paint your camels?

Allan and Carmen said...

Nice work Leroy!

Cyrus said...

Great painting on the Camel Train by Leroy and excellent photos.

Rodger said...

Really like this piece. Great work.

Michael Awdry said...

Oh I say, these really are rather splendid.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Very nice work from Leroy yet again!

Christopher

leroy said...

sebastofig, salut mate the camels are all painted using the "earthy" colours produced by Vallejo, especially US field drab and Khaki with a bit of desert yellow blended in. Vallejo do a nice selection and they mix well to give to various tones.

Docsmith said...

Good tip Leroy - I'll use it on my Egyptian Campaign French Camel Corp figures. LOve the Sudan stuff you and Vinnie have got going and wouldn't mind collecting it myself - I find the prospect of blowing away 'undreds of Muslim fanatics with naval ordinance quite appealing!

Cheers,
Doc

Bedford said...

Brill!

Unless I'm mistaken (and it wouldn't be the first time!) Castaway Arts are at Salute next month so I'll be buying some of their baggage gear for certain.

Great brushwork too.

Darrell.