Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pike & Shot - The Italian Wars

As promised images from our second game at Scott's house and my first blog for 2012. I hope everyone had a great New Years celebration last night...we were in bed by 9pm (our 3yr old keeps us honest). Anyway here is a little inspiration for the New Year, some great shots from the Italian Wars game Scott held at his place a few weeks ago.

This was a very colourful game with loads of flags and pretty puffy sleeves. Participants this time were Myself, Scott, Andrew, Mark Piper and the 'Great' Gavin Shanks. Rules played were the PK variant for Pike and Shot, I found them a little slow but again once you got the gist of the system they seemed to play quite well.


Figures were painted by Scott, Gavin and Andrew but also a few by overseas painters.








The Great and Gallant Gavin on the left and Scott on the right.



















16 comments:

Nate said...

Great looking game, I may just have to tag along with Gavin next time for the fun!

cheers

Nate

loadmaster666 said...

Mate,

Happy new year. Great looking game. Hope we can catch up at Cancon if you are there.

Vinnie said...

Sure thing guys...Gavin would love to have a dice buddy. However I am sorry but I have just moved up to North Queensland and Cancon is a little to far to travel...sorry

loadmaster666 said...

Mate,

Shame, we only just caught up at MOAB. I'll probably be up there next year on posting so we'll catch up then.

Cheers

Dave

Ray Rousell said...

Once again, mouthwatering figures and terrain!!! Very jealous!!! Have a great New Year!

Vinnie said...

Sounds like a good plan Dave.

See you in 2013 then for some excellent gaming.

Regards

Vinnie

scotty said...

Great looking game

sebastosfig said...

Marvellous pictures. Thanks, what a start for the new year.

Rodger said...

Fantastic looking game. Beautiful photos!

Peter Douglas said...

Beautiful shots!

PD

Der Feldmarschall said...

Amazing stuff! Thanks so much for sharing all the pics.

rct75001 said...

Great looking game and wonderful looking miniatures.

Thanks
Richard

Bluewillow said...

lovely looking armies on the table a great way to spend new years i must say!

cheers
matt

Hendrid said...

Amazing looking armies, this one is one my favourite periods and I'm definitely jealous, thanks for sharing the eye candy.

sean said...

The converted Warhammer figures look excellent. I have a Warhammer army I was debating rebuilding as Pike and Shotte and seeing it done so excellently here will hopefully inspire me to follow through with my plan.

John said...

Awesome looking game...I think I've just found my new period!