Friday, December 30, 2011

The Battle of Lutzen 1632


Just placed up a few images from the Battle of Lutzen game Myself, Scott Robertson and Andrew Parr played a couple of weekends ago. Scott has a vast collection of figures for the ECW and the Thirty Year War gathered from around the globe, but the main body for the collection comes from Redoubt Enterprises excellent range, which Scott was lucky enough to purchase from Mister Redoubt himself.

Scott has based the figures in order to play Impetus, all units are 180mm by 80mm with infantry 18 - 20 figures and cavalry nine figures per unit. This was the first time I had played the rule and set and have to admit it was a very easy system to pick up and play for a first time player. Scott has also rebased all of my Ancients from WAB to Impetus so I guess I had better grab myself a set of the rules and strap myself in..........


















Scott Robertson on the left and Andrew Parr on the right. It was Scott who got me into war gaming back in 1994.....now I feel old
















14 comments:

Rodger said...

Awesome set of photos Vinnie. Looks like a wonderful game.

Neil said...

Wow! That is one big game with beautiful figures.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Breathtaking!

fredthegreat said...

WOW!! Amazing! Beautiful pictures! Your armies are very well painted!

Ray Rousell said...

What a fantastic setup, the figures look excellent!!

Fire at Will said...

Excellent pictures, quite inspiring. Nice to see hazelriggs lobsters made it to the continent

Дмитрий (aka prapor) said...

Awesome! Great pics, GREAT work.

HK said...

I don't have words in front of this wonder ...

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Impressive sized game!

Christopher

BigRedBat said...

A fantastic looking game! I love the consistency of the units, all the same size and with their own standard.

Scott Robertson said...

Hey mate the photos have turned out great. We played another TYW game yesterday using another 12 cavalry units, we had 32 PM units of 18, 3 dragoon units of 9, 14 guns and 34 cavalry units of 9, Swedes hammered the Imperialists. The more I use Impetus for the period the more I enjoy it, have a great New Years and will talk to you when I get back from Bali. Cheers Scott

warpaintjj said...

Great looking game - I really appreciate seeing so many pretty toys on a nice big table. Looks like you had loads of fun!
cheers
warpaintjj

CBW said...

Looks great Nathan....

Vinnie said...

No worries guys thanks for the comments but I am just the guy taking the images my old mate Scott Robertson is the man who set up the tables and allowed our greasy figures to touch his lovely collection....all the best

Vinnie