Monday, November 7, 2011

Paddle Steamer for the Sudan 1884/85

No relief of Gordon would of been accomplished (I know they were a couple of days late) without the odd paddle steamer or two?? Well this little beauty was delivered to me just this afternoon from Brian Buskell. Brian has completed the work that Matt Williams started a few months ago. Matt has made the body of the ship from balsa wood and the two chimneys are old whistles. However Brian has completed the construction by adding the hand rails, boxes and barrels plus the paint. Both Matt and Brian have done a fantastic job and I can not wait have this fine ship on my board (but I will have to build the Nile first). It is not quite finished yet I just have to add a deck gun and some Navy lads to the top deck and then she will be perfect......any suggestions for a name?







9 comments:

Rodger said...

Fantastic!! Very impressive.

Pat G said...

Very nice. I suggest something quiet and innocent sounding like "Primrose"

scotty said...

superb! says it all

Remco said...

Awesome boat, perfect for Sudan.

Ray Rousell said...

Wow!!, that's really good!!! Well done!!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

What everyone else is saying Fantastic!

Christopher

Bluewillow said...

Brian has a done a fantastic job finishing what I started, the scratch built box's do look good, what about the Eureka crew?

I am finding it harder to resist the sudan.......maybe one day soon!

cheers
Matt

Willie Anderson said...

great looking boat!

Andrew Parr said...

well done that man Buskell!