Thursday, July 7, 2011

Architects Of War - 'Ye Old Barn'

I have been a bit of a busy bee this week and have just completed the 'Ye Old Barn' from Architects of War. I am not much of a building painter but I think I did OK this time. The burn will be a great little addition to our ACW and WWII games. The burn itself is made of laser cut wood, which after a little gluing and painting goes together with ease. The roof is removable so it you want to use it for skirmish it is perfect. The base is the only resin piece and give the structure a nice bit of weight. Overall I enjoyed painting and putting this little baby together...enjoy

Right side

View of the inside

Hay in the corner and some horse apples make a nice little addition

The dun heap what every barn needs

The rear of the burn

Front of the barn

Left side

8 comments:

BigLee said...

Nice bit of terrain.

Mojo said...

That looks nice :) Well done!
Cheers,
Mojo

J Womack, Esq. said...

Good job on it. May look into picking one up here at Historicon if they have any. And if I have any $ left...

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Most excellent work you did on that barn...nice little piece

Vinnie said...

Cheers Guys.. I'm not much of a painter when it comes to doing buildings but I surprised myself on this one, as it seemed to have turned out OK..I think the flowers finished it off just nice

Gael Ridire/Irish Knight said...

Wow, nice job painting! Such detailed scenes. I'm working on home-bases for the various tribes I will have in a new game I'm working on.

Chamberí-JaiAlai said...

THIS BLOG IS AWESOME!!

Chamberí-JaiAlai said...

this blog is awesome!