Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sash & Saber Miniatures - Dismounted Union Cavalry

It has been a while since my last post...sorry about that work has been keeping me very busy and I have been away from home most of the time. However I did manage to finish a unit of Sash & Saber dismounted Union cavalry. I would have to say that I think these figures are the best ACW range around, lots of character and a real joy to paint. We are planning another ACW game in the next few weeks so hopefully they might get a run.


Three of the command figures

The dismounted cavalry packs are supplied with ten different figures and the command packs four different figures thus enabling you create great looking units.


The sergeant above is supplied with the command pack.




11 comments:

Bluewillow said...

they look great mate!

cheers
Matt

Vinnie said...

Cheers Matt..your the best buddy

Josiah M said...

These were my absolute favorite Sash and Saber figures to paint (and I'm kind of a fanboy), and you've done them beautifully! Great painting and basing!

Guidowg said...

Ditto, great looking figures and you've done a superb job on them

Greg Sapara said...

Excellent job!!

MiniMike said...

Great painting on these. Really nice. Now I'm looking forward even more to the S&S order that is slowly making it's way to me through the post...

Iowa Grognard said...

Very nice, I've been considering using some S&S in a TFL game.

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Very nice, Vinnie

Scott MacPhee said...

Excellent paint job on those. I agree; the Sash and Saber Civil War range is outstanding.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

They look great! I need to get some of those!

Christopher

Docsmith said...

Nice job Vinnie - those S&S figures have a very nice range of actions that look ideal for a skirmishing set - better range than the Perry's do you think?

Cheers,
Doc