Thursday, February 24, 2011

The First of My Iron Brigade Units Finally Based

Over the last two days I have been busy finally basing the three units of the Iron Brigade I had painted up whilst in America. I have based them as 24 figure units and a 12 figure skirmish unit. All on 50 x 40mm bases and three to six figures per base. I have not obtained the right flags for the brigade as yet, so I have photo copied the Perry Miniature flags from their play card supplied with the ACW plastic box sets. The boys had their first battle last night using Andrew Parr's Fortune & Glory rules for ACW and had a win against the Johnny Reds (Brian Buskell)...good start I think. Now only the command and another two battalions to paint in order to complete this famous brigade.





10 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

They look just great!

Cheers
Christopher

Ray Rousell said...

They look very nice, that's great paintwork!

jmezz382 said...

Fabulous ... and congrats on the win

Bluewillow said...

lovely mate!

cheers
matt

Rob said...

Beautiful work on the Iron Brigade!

I especially like the first shot, where it almost looks like a real unit moving up.

Josiah Martin said...

Great looking mini's!

Vinnie said...

Thanks guys for your comments, they were the first ACW figures I have painted for a very long time and I am very happy with the final product. Hopefully I should have the rest finished in the next few months.

Andrew Parr said...

great Work Cousin Nate, which flags did you use?

Vinnie said...

Hello Andrew,

Just used the ones from the Perry Plastic ACW set and photo copied them...they turned out ok, I think.

adam said...

Once joined with my Irish Brigade and other elements from the 2nd Corp Andy's Rebs won't stand a chance.

Cheers Adam