Monday, January 17, 2011

Sash & Saber Miniatures - Union Artillery Crew

I have just completed painting the next addition to the Iron Bde, an artillery battery, which is meant to represent that of Battery B - 4th US Artillery. A unit which fought with distinction along side that of the Iron Brigade. The battery also drew it's casualty replacements, after battle, from the Iron Brigade. I would of liked to duplicate this fact by doing a few head changes and replacing some of the kepis with hardie hats. But unfortunately I did not have the tools. Again the Sash & Saber figures are very nice and easy to paint and when ordered come with little or no flash. The pack (US3 - Federal Artillerists) contains all ten figures shown, which I will, after the 12pdr Napoleons are painted, place onto three bases in order to represent the six gun battery. Enjoy.











10 comments:

DeanM said...

Very nice painting. Great work on the piping and buttons. Dean

Solo wargaming-on a budget! said...

Fantastic work, very neat and very bright. Well done yiushould be rightly proud of these.

Tank Girl said...

Nicely painted Nathan.

Cheers,

Helen

Vinnie said...

Thanks Guys. Not much thought into panting Union ACW ...blues, blacks and reds tends to make painting a little quicker. Hopefully the rest of the brigade will be the same.

Thanks again

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

nice crisp and clean paint work

Josiah Martin said...

Very nice, mind sharing your colors for the pants?

Vinnie said...

Josiah,
No worries I can do that. I have used the Foundry Paints from the Napoleonic paint set. For the Union blue I have used the French Blue 65A/B/C. For the trousers French Hussar Sky Blue 76A/B and for the flesh Expert Flesh 127A/C/E. The other colours used were also Foundry but I could of used any other paints other then Foundry.

Hope that helps

Vinnie

Andrew Parr said...

Like the red tones. Nice contrast.
Cheers
AP

Josiah Martin said...

Thanks!

Trailape said...

Very nice. I have the same figs myself. I'm inspired to get to work on them. I suspect they won't be as flash as yours though,..
Cheers