Friday, January 28, 2011

Sash & Saber Miniatures - My First Iron Brigade Battalion

I have just completed my first 24 figure unit for the Iron Brigade. I have to admit that coming over to the States and visiting the battlefields has inspired me greatly. It is also amazing how much time you have to paint when there are no distractions. The unit only took one week to complete..I think another record in painting for me and now I have another three to paint. The figures are all Sash & Saber Miniatures from their great ACW 28mm range, which have loads of character and are a joy to paint.

Please enjoy





The Command Stand


Each pack contains ten different figures and poses. All of which are shown above and below.


10 comments:

jmezz382 said...

Beautiful. I can hear the drums beating as I type.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Really.really fine painting on a famous brigade.

Cheers
Christopher

Bluewillow said...

nice Nathan,

what rules are you planning on using?

cheers
Matt

Vinnie said...

Hey Matt,

I am painting up the brigade to play Andrews Fortune & Glory rules. Which means four units in line, one in skirmish, one Artillery battery and a cavalry unit or two. I have just ordered to units of dismounted cav from Chris at Sash & Saber. Mounted cav will come from Victor Perry.

Ray said...

Nice painting!

Tank Girl said...

Lovely work Nathan. S&S are very nice miniatures.

Cheers,

Helen

The Belgian, said...

Nice painting! And fast painting too.

Scott MacPhee said...

Beautiful paint job on these. I love Sash and Saber.

So which of the Civil War battlefields did you find most inspiring?

Vinnie said...

Thanks Scott,

I hope you don't mind but I have been using your painted figures as painting guides.

I was most inspired with the Antietam battlefield. Not sure if that was because it was the first battlefield I visited or after reading "Landscape Turn Red" inspired me to visit. I will have to however come back and visit hopefully a few more, before I get to old and tired.

Vinnie

M.a.s.u.r.i said...

sooo cute...