Thursday, November 25, 2010

‘The Last Desperate Resort’

Just before I start placing up the photos from the Gettysburg battlefield I thought I would set the scene by posting this great vignette from Sash & Saber onto the blog. The vignette is of that of Col Chamberlain's final charge off Little Round Top and is portrayed as ‘The Last Desperate Resort’. The vignette has been painted by my good friend Larry Caskey, who I had the pleasure of staying with during my visit to Virginia. Larry has done a fantastic job in the construction and painting of the vignette. I only wish I had the time and patience to do the same. Enjoy










3 comments:

Josiah Martin said...

Very nice!

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Excellent paint and terrain on this piece.

Guidowg said...

Great vignette. superb blog, loved the figures in your WAB ancients battle reports, excellent painting.