Monday, October 11, 2010

Palm Springs Air Museum - Pacific Theatre


In the second hanger was another fantastic display for the Pacific Theatre of world war two. Again I am sorry but I am very bad when it comes to aircraft identification. However the display did contain a Hellcat, Tigercat and a Wildcat, which I believe were all carrier based aircraft and are the ones shown with the folded wings. Enjoy






Also displayed were some great model ships of the period.





SBD Dauntless Dive Bomber

6 comments:

Concentrationally Challenged said...

I can see why you might think so...what with B-25 on the side of the airplane, but that's an SBD Dauntless dive-bomber / torpedo-bomber. Used for scouting, and for attacking enemy surface vessels.

Vinnie said...

Ah Ok thanks very much I will change the post then.

Thank you once again

Vinnie

leroy said...

Where are the photo's of the Nieuport replica?

BigLee said...

Nice photo's. Thanks for sharing these.

Scullmeister said...

I've been there, it's amazing. Great to see the actual size of some of those planes, especially the P47's. I also got inside the B-17.

Vinnie said...

Hey Leroy sorry mate no Nieuport however there were some great prints from WW1 - dog fights. If you want I can go back before I leave and grab one for you. They were all signed by the artist and $100US each. Let me know.

We could not climb in the B17 this time as it was too hot and the staff do not like letting people go through on hot days...maybe next time?