Saturday, May 8, 2010

Front Rank Spanish - Catalonian Light Infantry

After playing a few games of Black Powder with units in big battalions, I decided that I need a few more Spanish Light Infantry if I was to fight on even terms with the French. So over the last three weeks I have managed to recruit and paint six more figures to go with the eight I already had. They figures come from the great Front Rank Spanish range and have been painted up as the 2nd Catalonian Light Infantry Battalion for 1808-10...love these figures. The basing is a little different from the old ones as Leroy Simpson had based those. The painting has however improved a little from when I did the originals back in 2005.



The Boys




The old command stand

And the new command stand

Both officers from this range I think are fantastic figures.

One of three new stands

Another of the newly painted stands

9 comments:

littlejohn said...

Fantastic looking unit!

VolleyFireWargames said...

Great looking figures - what color green did you use? have you any Spanish guerillas done by chance? Got some Old Glory figs that i can use for Spanish - Catalonian Light Infantry but they dont have the plume

That-brush-guy said...

They look outstanding!

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments guys. I liked paintinhg these guys..lots of colour and character, plus the Front Rank figure is a joy to paint. The colour I used for the green was Goblin Green from the citadel/Games Workshop range.I have painted some of the guerillas as well but have based them as militia. There should be some images inm the Napoleonic labels of this blog.

Thanks again

Vinnie

DeanM said...

Oh, these look just superb - what a colorful unit. I had to take a looksee after your comment on my lone Catalonian guy. Dean

Docsmith said...

Lovely job Vinnie - they really look the business! Gotta love those Tarleton helmets I reckon!

Cheers,
Doc

Bluewillow said...

mate that paint job is supurb!

Vinnie said...

cheers Matt, I love my Spanish

Chamberí-JaiAlai said...

awesome


gracias