Sunday, August 23, 2009

Siam Painting Service - Elite Miniatures

Just thought I would load up a few pictures of some Elite Miniatures figures we had painted by Siam Painting Service. The first two battalions are French Line battalions in campaign dress. However as I do not have the moulds for the Light Infantry 1812-15 range I just got the guys to paint the same figures as Legere instead of Ligne. Both units are in mixed dress and have come up a treat. I asked them to mix the look up, with different coloured trousers and shako covers. They also painted a few patches on the knees. The last battalion shown is a Prussian Landwehr battalion and again I think Siam have done a great job. The painting price was very good, but this will depend on how many figures you buy and if you prefer them based or not based. We had our figures based and the with the discount the cost for each battalion was around $95US for a 16 figure unit.

Cheers

Vinnie

French Ligne
French Legere Battalion
Prussian Landwehr Battalion

5 comments:

Stokes Schwartz said...

Beautiful Napoleonics there, especially your RHA!

Best Regards,

Stokes Schwartz

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments Stokes. It is a shame that this lovely collection is heading off somewhere else instead of staying here. But he can always start again?


Vinnie

Vinnie said...

Thanks for the comments Stokes. It is a shame that this lovely collection is heading off somewhere else instead of staying here. But he can always start again?


Vinnie

GENICA said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sara

http://paintingdrawing.net

Vinnie said...

Thanks Sara,

I am happy to hear that you enjoy the blog.

thanks again

Vinnie