Thursday, May 7, 2009

More Images from the Samurai Game as Promised


This was a great little game we played on the May Day long weekend at my house. Some how I talked Leroy into bringing over his entire collection of Samurai, plus his scratch built castle, for the game. However I did not play so the game was between Leroy one one side and Peter Power on the other. Both sides were fairly even with roughly 3100pts per side. However Leroy was down a unit of infantry - which I think he has just finished painting only today - the man is a painting machine. The rule system we followed was the good old Warhammer Ancients and used the Samurai listing at the back of the book. But we had to make a few adjustments to cater for the later period we were playing. For the handguns rules we borrowed from the Age of Chivalry booklet and also did the same for the small navel artillery piece. For the Samurai longbow we used the stats for the English longbow rules, giving then a +4 in strength when hitting armour, thus a -1 for the saving throw. I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do but it worked OK for the game. But anyway enjoy the rest of the images, I will be away for the rest of the month and will not be playing any games during that period. So I do apologise.
















14 comments:

Drunken Samurai said...

Wow! Just wow!

derek said...

Excellent. Do you have a photo of the castle? I can see the bottom of it in the background but what the top half like?

Vinnie said...

Derek,

Please have a look at July 2007 on my blog and you should find images for the castle there.

all the best

Nathan

derek said...

G'Day

Thanks for that, The Castle is great. An excellent piece of terrain for the table.

Cheers

Derek

Author said...

Pretty awesome man, some more shots of the daimyo would be great. Also, of course, the ability to click on photos and see them larger would be SUPER super super appreciated!!

Tank Girl said...

Lovely work Leroy.

Thanks Nathan for the photos.

Helen

Carmen said...

Wow! It has been a few days since I checked this page and I am glad I did.

They looked good painted but even better in battle with the castle and other scenery!

Mmmm Just started Napoleonics....I wonder if my wife will mind me starting Samurai as well :)

Happy Gaming!

Allan

Chad Sikes said...

This is truly awesome. I have added your blog to my favorites. I look forward to seeing what else yoou have on your blog.

davetaylor said...

Looking great!

Please excuse my ignorance, but what rule system/lists are you guys using for your Samurai action?

Cheers
Dave Taylor

Vinnie said...

Thanks again for the comments guys. Glad you liked the game. Leroy is pretty keen to have another game soon. He just has a few more units of Koreans to paint up and then it will be on. The rules used was losely based on warhammer ancients.

Vinnie

davetaylor said...

Hi Vinnie

Thanks for the answer. I've recently joined the team at Wargames Illustrated and, after luckily happening upon your blog, would like to chat with you offline about the possibility of working with you on some articles for our magazine.

If you are interested, please contact me at tanithtaylor at gmail dot com.

I look forward to hearing from you

Cheers
Dave Taylor

Vinnie said...

Dave,

Love to have a chat. I will send you an email soon.

All the best'

Nathan

Bluewillow said...

awesome mate!

cheers
matt

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

OMG is that a beautiful board!Very inspiring.I wish to start a Samurai army of my own someday.