Tuesday, February 17, 2009

15mm WAB - Chariot Wars

Sorry guys, it has been awhile since my last post, our family computer has gone off line again, so now I am on the laptop. Still not good though, looks like the hard drive is down and we might loose all our images from the last three years - did not do the last back up on disk. I will learn the hard way. But other then that we did manage to get a game in last weekend. This time it was 15mm WAB - Chariot Wars. New Kingdom Egyptians smashed heads with the mighty Assyrian Empire and after a hard fought battle they took victory. Players for the night was myself on the Assyrian side and Jeff and Julian on the Egyptians side. I am not as familiar is 15mm as I am with 28mm so I am not sure of the make of figures used. But I think many of them are from the Essex Miniatures range. The collection, from both sides, is that of John's and I think was based for FOG or Seventh Edition?

Battle lines move forward

Scythian light cavalry allied to the Assyrians.

Assyrian Infantry

Assyrian and Elamite Chariots


Arab Camel riders fighting for the Assyrians.

Assyrian Cavalry. A good unit to have, half the unit may be armed with composite bow and can shoot over the front rank.

New Kingdom Marines

Chariot runners - excellent infantry to support your chariots with.

As my Assyrian cavalry found out.



And my chariots

Allies of the Egyptians - Sea People are very deadly in hand to hand combat. They all have a weapon skill of four.

The end of the game - both my King and Army Standard Bearer flee from the field - pursued by chariot runners.

2 comments:

Australian Napoleonic Kriegspielers said...

neat looking game mate!

Vinnie said...

Cheers Mate - always love to have a game when I get the change.

Vinnie