Monday, August 11, 2008

Beyond the Golden Gate



John and I smashed out a little 2500pts WAB game the other night. John was keen to try out the beautiful Sassanid Persian Army, he had just purchased from the UK. It was also the first time that both of us had tried the WAB Supplement - Beyond The Golden Gates. Great set of rules for the period lots of little variations for the different troop types. Anyway I hope you enjoy the images and keep gaming.


Nathan



Perry Miniatures Arabs

A&A Persian Spearmen (city militia)

A&A Miniatures Clibanarii

Looking from the Byzantine lines

Byzantine Infantry

Dismounted Comitatus (best foot troops on the board - did not help me though - still rolling very badly)

The charge that broke the Byzantine back. Two elephants and a unit of Cataphracts (and of course I rolled for fear and rolled bad - six's to hit)

3 comments:

AKI said...

Beautiful figures, and lots of loverly photo's in you blog as a whole. I'm gonna add your blog to my favourites list on my own: Toomuchlead, and I'll keep on looking in.

Ta ta!

Vinnie said...

Thanks aki,
If you keep looking I will keep on posting photos for you.

Cheers

Vinnie

Vinnie said...

Thanks aki,
If you keep looking I will keep on posting photos for you.

Cheers

Vinnie